[CLOSED] Videos are not playing in firefox and chromium RisiOS

Hello, here is the format for a bug report.

Before reporting

1. Please search for an existing bug report to avoid duplicates.
  2. Please update risiOS to make sure that you aren’t reporting a bug that was already fixed.

Description
Insert bug rescription here.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Things to specify…
Check these things off if you did one of these (sorted by most common to least common).
[ ] Installed mesa-git or glib from the gaming quick setup script
[ ] Installed NVIDIA Drivers
[ ] Installed a custom kernel (such as the one in the gaming script)
[ ] Installed a DE other than GNOME (this is unsupported)
[ ] Did a misc system modification you should mention

I’m unable to play videos on twitch, I’m getting error 3000 in firefox and unable to watch cgtn.tv and unable to watch tv.cctv.com and youtube.com is working fine. Do I need codecs?
In chromium I’m getting error 4000 for twitch.tv
How to install video codecs?
I thought if I install audio software, video software and other software codecs will be installed. I tried all scripts except gaming script and installed all software except video software.
For video software I am getting message: bash script ran but not successfully, ended with error code 0… message.

Hello, I went to softwarecenter and installed all codecs and videos are playing in firefox but videos are not playing in chromium and this error message is still there
For video software I am getting message: bash script ran but not successfully, ended with error code 0… message.
videos are pausing but audio is playing in firefox twitch.tv
I uninstalled firefox and installed it from flathub and videos have no problems in firefox.
On this [ CCTV-7国防军事频道高清直播_CCTV节目官网_央视网 ] website video is stuttering and the video is fine on all other websites that I use and disabling or enabling hardware acceleration does nothing to it.
Anyways I’m happy with current functionality of The Beautiful RisiOS.

1 Like

Try updating the system and than run the multimedia/rpmfusion script again. There was a bug fix

Closed due to a fix and inactivity